Video conferencing software is an online communication tool that enables users to hold audio meetings, webinars, video meetings, and other forms of remote collaboration sessions. These solutions include chat, recording, and screen sharing features and are used for long-distance communication and enhanced collaboration. In an organization, employees at every level can make use of video conferencing software in order to host or participate in digital meetings with colleagues, customers, or other stakeholders regardless of where the attendees are located physically.
The Top Ten Vendors of Video Conferencing Software include:
- Cisco Webex Meetings: Cisco Webex Meetings is a comprehensive solution that allows users to participate in seamless multichannel communications across platforms through audio calls, video meetings, webinars, and collaboration meeting rooms. The key features of Webex Meetings include ease of use, mobility, and compatibility.
- Microsoft Teams: Users can leverage the synergy of Microsoft Teams and Microsoft Office to maximize productivity even when working from home. Teams is a multichannel communication platform that overcomes geographical barriers and helps workflows operate smoothly. This solution provides personal and common channels for enhanced collaboration.
- Zoom: Zoom is a single-window communication platform that can be used across devices for meetings, chats, and webinars. It supports up to 100 people together on a video call. It is a popular and simple tool for colleges, corporations, and other organizations.
- Skype: Skype comes with robust peer-to-peer encryption and is user-friendly, safe, and devoid of disruptions. It comes with translation and subtitle functionalities, which enable participants from across linguistic communities to communicate.
- Google Hangouts Meet: Google Hangouts Meet is affordable, cloud-based, and useful. It operates across devices and is OS-agnostic. Google Hangouts Meet comes from a trusted company and caters to numerous business types. It is also favored by schools and other types of organizations.
- GoToMeeting: The GoToMeeting video conferencing platform supports seamless communication. This solution can be used to host webinars as well as audio and video calls. With this platform, businesses and educational institutions can operate remotely.
- Cisco Jabber: Cisco Jabber enables streamlined communication and enhanced productivity. This solution unifies instant messaging, video calls, voice calls, screen sharing, voice messaging, and conferencing features securely. Cisco Jabber comes with flexible deployment models.
- join.me: join.me is a simple software that gives users the ability to communicate using high-quality audio and video. It is a cloud-powered solution that enables users to record meetings and store them on the cloud.
- UberConference: With UberConference, users can effortlessly join meetings with only a few clicks—no code required and no download needed. This solution comes with voice-to-text transcription, which helps users to focus on collaboration and conversation while the transcripts are stored for future reference.
- BlueJeans: BlueJeans is a solution for the modern workplace that provides high-quality and secure video conferencing. This cloud-based platform helps users host efficient meetings and provides seamless integration with leading productivity planning and messaging tools.
Other leading video conferencing software include 3CX, Adobe Connect, Amazon Chime, Bitrix24, Circuit, Daily, Drum, Fuze, Gruveo, Jitsi, Lifesize, ooVoo, Rocket.Chat, Spike, TeamViewer, Vidyo, Whereby, and Zoho Meeting.
Video Conferencing Tips for Users Working from Home
With the COVID-19 pandemic raging on, video conferencing is playing a major role among business users who are working from home. Below are a few tips for those who are not familiar with this software but are required to use it as part of their daily duties.
- Background: Those using video conferencing software every day need to be mindful of what their colleagues can see, including what’s behind them. It is important to gauge what can be seen within the field of view of the mobile or laptop camera.
- Filters and Buttons: Many video conferencing platforms come with filters that smoothen out the skin tone of the participant by using a softer focus, helping them look better without having to do anything. Participants also need to be wary of sending reactions by accident, such as thumbs up or raised hand, as these can disrupt the meeting.
- Breakout Rooms: Breakout room functionality enables video conferences to be separated into numerous sessions that support video, audio, and screen-sharing capabilities. The main host can usually visit all breakout rooms. Other useful features include annotation tools for shared screens, whiteboards, silent feedback, and local recording.