Simulation software is a computer program that allows the user to observe the process or operation through simulation without actually performing that operation. The software can imitate the processes to see how they behave under different conditions in order to test for new theories or changes. The software is used to design machinery or equipment so that the final product should be very close to design specifications. The process modification with the real-time response is less expensive in the simulation process. Simulation software has important industrial applications and can be useful in large set-up plant operations. An advanced simulation software is used in power system behavior, weather conditions, electronic circuits, chemical reactions, mechatronics, heat pumps, feedback control systems, atomic reactions, even complex biological processes.
The simulation process includes several steps such as – formulation of the problem, data collection, mathematical modeling, computer implementation, model validation, model identification, experiments with the model, representation of results, and interpretation of results.
Best Simulation software can simulate many different applications including mining, marine, manufacturing, retail, industrial machinery, oil and gas, railways, automotive, science and education, aerospace, energy, supply chain management, logistics and many others. The types of simulation software can be categorized based on it functionality including risk analysis, agent-based, discrete event and system dynamics.
Features of Simulation Software –
- Simulation software is also used to test new theories. It plays a major role in the analysis of nonlinear control systems and complex automation systems.
- The software helps you increase performance, energy efficiency of your product, precision, reduce the potential risk for safety and back up planned investments.
- Top Simulation software allows to generate a large amount of insights without ever touching the real-world system. You can field-test your changes with simulation before they are implemented in the real world.
- Simulators provide practical feedback to users when designing real-world systems. This allows the designer to find out the correctness and efficiency of a design before the system is actually constructed.
- The simulation modeling helps you to understand how your manufacturing operations will affect as a result of variables, such as bad weather, workers strike, a political crisis in a country, raw material supplies, and many others.
- The software can simulate incredibly complex scenarios. You can insert many rules or throw variables at the system.
- The software allows engineers to evaluate, optimize, and compare product designs by modeling real-world effects in a computer-generated environment. It can create any model that is governed by equations or mathematical data and place it in a pre-defined system
Simulation is used in many circumstances including simulation of technology for performance tuning or optimizing, safety engineering, testing, training, education, and video games.