Retail point of sale (POS) software is used by retail employees and their customers to complete retail transactions in stores, showrooms, and other physical locations. Best Retail POS System enables retail employees to create sales orders, find information about products, deliver receipts, and accept payments swiftly and easily. Employees rely on these solutions to perform more transactions in a shorter period of time, while customers benefit from shorter checkout times.
The Top Ten Vendors in the Retail POS System market are:
- Appetize: Appetize is tailored for the food vertical in a number of industries, including sports &entertainment, multi-unit restaurants, education, amusement parks, professional facilities, and enterprise food-service companies. It comes with stellar customer support and provides a seamless POS experience to users.
- Shopify: Shopify facilitates seamless selling for beginners and experts alike. This solution integrates concurrent sales across retail locations and enables the easy creation of websites and social media profiles for the business and even integrates payment options within them.
- RQ: RQ is an intuitive and user-friendly retail POS system. It comes with comprehensive analytical capabilities that provide retailers with a clear understanding of their customers’ preferences. With RQ, users can offer personalized services, monitor their inventory, and handle numerous tasks from a single window.
- Vend: Vend works offline except when it needs to email reports or provide remote access to users. This POS system enables retailers to sell products &services and cater to the needs of their customers swiftly and efficiently.
- Ari: The Ari retail management solution handles sourcing, inventory control, and sales. Its key features include control of employees, POS, fees, multi-store management, customer rewards, gift cards, discount & promotion management, and CRM.
- Bleu: Bleu is an offline retail POS solution that caters to the needs of small, medium, and large retailers. Its cutting-edge features help users cater to their customers efficiently and with ease.
- Cash Register: Cash Register Retail POS offers numerous features free of cost. This economical solution can track sales, pre-sell tickets for events, record and regenerate over 10,000 transactions, and create useful reports that can be exported for use in other applications.
- ePaisa: ePaisa comes with all the tools needed to deliver the best retail experience possible. ePaisa enhances the sale of merchandise and allows for swift and seamless point-of-sale integration.
- Clover: Clover is a renowned retail POS system that caters to both big and small businesses. Its robust tools and user-friendly interface make retail easy, especially essential functions like inventory management, payments, and financial monitoring. It is a single-window solution that helps enhance the customer experience.
- Infinity: The Infinity platform unifies business processes and enables retailers to access all inventory information and customer data from a single window. This solution can even synchronize with existing systems within a business.
What will the Retail Industry Look Like After the Pandemic Subsides?
The pandemic is bound to subside sooner or later. Once this happens, and before retailers can reopen their stores, a clear process needs to be implemented in order to keep customers safe from COVID-19.
Rapid and widely available testing for the virus and a thoughtful approach to reopening of retail stores is necessary. Social distancing measures will be key. The number of customers that will be able to shop inside one store at one time will be restricted, face masks will be mandatory, and stores may have to close abruptly if the situation in a particular area worsens.
Pre-pandemic normalcy seems to be far away for now. However, if a successful cure, such as an effective vaccine, is discovered, the situation will be much better.