Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) is a business management software that operates in real-time. It is a suite of integrated applications that any company can use to collect, store, manage, and interpret data from their business activities. ERP uses a common database that are maintained by a database management system. ERP can share the business data and eases the flow of information across various departments between all business functions. ERP systems can integrate diverged organizational systems and provide error-free transactions for improving business efficiency. ERP systems can support myriad business applications and can be deployed on-premises, cloud-hosted, or SaaS.
Top vendors in ERP Systems include –
- Acumatica – Acumatica’s cloud ERP software is full-featured and easy-to-use in real-time. Acumatica Cloud ERP provides users with a variety of suites such as General Business Edition, Distribution Edition, Manufacturing Edition, Construction Edition, Commerce Edition and Field Service Edition.
- Epicor ERP – Epicor ERP manages various activities of business including Customer Relationship Management, Business Intelligence and Analytics, Production Management, and Enterprise Risk Management. Epicor ERP Technology includes Cloud-Ready, Mobile, Extensible and IoT-Enabled services.
- OracleNetSuite – Oracle NetSuite ERP is a cloud-based solution that provides a suite of applications to Financial Management, Financial Planning, Order Management, Production Management, Supply Chain Management, Procurement, Warehouse and Fulfillment and beyond.
- Sage–Sage Business Cloud solutions are faster, simpler and more flexible. Sagestreamlines key processes for daily operations from procurement to warehousing, production, sales, customer service, and financial management. Sage Business Cloud offers real-time insights for areas of improvement and maximize efficiency.
- SAP Business One – SAP Business One can be used to automate typical key business functions such as financials, operations, and human resources. SAP Business One can be arranged into 15 functional modules including Financials, Sales Opportunities, Banking, Sales – A/R, Purchasing A/P, Business Partners and Inventory.
- SAP ERP –SAP ERP is an on-premise deployment ERP software used for 25 industries and this is available in 37 languages.SAP ERP is a single source of truth to communicate insights and provides real-time information for better business solutions.SAP systemizes the key aspects of businesses by automating the core processes to increase efficiency and minimize errors.
- SYSPRO–SYSPRO Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) helps in all business operations including financial, inventory management, warehouse, supply chain and many more. SYSPRO ERP offers the processes and tools to help to manage data effectively and focus more on time-to-value functionality of the business.
- Tally – Tally.ERP 9 software can handle accounting tasks, inventory management, order management, tax management, payroll, and banking operations. Tally can integrate with third-party applications like retail, hotel management, payroll and financial management. Tallyautomates employee record management and supports all day-to-day business processes.
Other vendors of ERP systems include–
Adjutant, APACHE, Asset Panda, Axis ERP, Dynasty, Encompass, ERPNext, GRMS, Marg ERP, MERCI, Microsoft Dynamics NAV, Mie Trak Pro, Munis, MYOB, Odoo, Optimize, ORION Enterprise, SAP S/4 HANA, Skubana, Spruce, and Synchronous.
Best Advantages of ERP Systems –
- Enterprise Resource Planning system adaptation is better for change. ERP enables the company to operate more cohesively by minimizing its rigid structure internally and externally. ERP can integrate infinite business processes to save time with fewer errors and expenses across the organization.
- ERP can improve opportunities for collaboration. Business data is available in different formats such as documents, files, forms, audio and video, and emails. Best ERP systems provides a collaborative platform across distributed systems in order to minimize employee’s time for collaborating content.
- ERP provides increased data security in a closed environment. The system can easily secure key company data with the standardization of common processes into one integrated system. In this sense, ERP can be called as CIES (Centralized Integrated Enterprise System).