Fleet management software is technological tools that help businesses manage delivery fleets. These management systems include fleet software for managing drivers, dispatchers, and vehicles for entire fleet. Some businesses may need to manage a single large internal fleet, while others may manage multiple third-party contractors or crowdsourced fleets as well.
Top 5 Features To Look For In A Fleet Management Software
- Real-time visibility
When businesses search for solutions to efficiently manage their fleets, their main objective is to get all the updates in real-time. These businesses need vehicle tracking systems in order to recognize where each order is, whether it’s with the fleet or with a supplier’s driver. Fleet management software has the ability to provide this visibility that helps businesses in knowing everything right from the driver location to all pertinent stakeholders: senders or fleet managers (along with an exterior contractor, if it’s their driver), shippers, and the end customer. Best Fleet management software also comprises mobile inventory management competencies. If not, they normally provide integration between the two systems. Visibility becomes particularly significant when numerous businesses are scaling their delivery.
- Driver management capabilities
Whether the businesses have internal fleets or outside, they need to have whole control over their drivers to guarantee that distributions are happening on time, that SLAs are being fulfilled, and that delivery is running smoothly.
Driver management competencies consist of:
- Computing driver wages for the whole fleet
- Driver and delivery arrangement
- Monitoring and understanding the performance standards and KPIs like the quantity of orders finished
- Authorizations management
Most of the fleet management solutions offer central dashboards, which help fleet managers with instantaneous status updates for delivery in progress, as well as for handling driver agendas and vehicle capacity and calculating driver performance, which is a significant component of driver compensation.
- Complete integration and uncluttered, flexible software
One of the major reasons why businesses are skeptical of new technology is the worry that it will dislocate the existing systems. It’s vital for businesses to recognize fleet management software that integrates seamlessly with the existing solutions across the entire supply chain. Preferably, data from the transportation management system, exterior fleets, WMS, and other systems across all the touchpoints and communication should be combined and handles from one platform to guarantee the best visibility and provide leadership with the comprehensions they need to make more informed decisions concerning resources and teams. New fleet management solutions must be able to function smoothly with the existing systems, and they must also be supple enough to be freely adaptable to the precise business needs and the reality of their fleet operations. Thus, businesses should look for open and flexible fleet management solutions that can be modified to meet all fleet management requirements. A high-quality fleet management solution will allow the following:
- Fast incorporation with and onboarding of fresh fleets or suppliers
- Quickergrowthvia new area codes and pickup/drop-offsites
- Speedy introduction of new first-class services, such as same-day delivery, fittings, or assembly
- Fleet dispatch and planning
The major goal of any fleet management solution is to help businesses choose which orders go to which fleet and at what time. It also must be able to do the following:
- Vehicle management – Delivery arrangement must also be grounded on vehicle accessibility and knowing which vehicle is the most suited for the order. Another component is the amount of space the end customer has for receiving vehicles close to their location; if the end users fall short of space to receive a bigger truck, it makes sense to ship a fleet with smaller trucks that can deliver near the customer’s location to decrease the receiving time
- Enhanced routing and route management – If the business only uses internal fleets, they will need the software to choose the ideal route based on a diversity of restrictions. The best route management solutions are customizable and enable each company to choose the weight that diverse restrictions should have on the route planning
- Machine Learning
Businesses need to obtain as much data as imaginable to reach the ideal fleet performance and effectiveness. For example, knowing about the fleet transports comparatively faster can help the users choose whom to dispatch but so does knowing about if that speed is due to quicker time on the road, or time on location, or the time back to base. Hence, it is important to look for a fleet management solution that can apply past data to machine learning to track time to base, time on location, vehicle delivery time, and other factors.