3D Animation Software is a set of programs designed to create 3D movies, visual effects, motions animations, 3D models, graphical designs etc. 3D animation is a step by step method of modeling, motion graphics and rendering. Modeling is a method where an animator creates a model of the character or object to be represented. Once done, motion graphics allows users to add various movement graphics to the model that allows the model to look like it is not still and moving around. Rendering is the process of converting the 2D model into a 3D model. This process makes the object look like a real-life character or object. Once these stages are done, the animator can add visual effects and graphics to the setting to make the picture more realistic.
Top Vendors of 3D Animation Software include –
- AutoDesk Maya – Autodesk Maya is a 3D tool that allows users to create fine and intricate details. It has a dedicated toolset for character creation and various customizable workflows. It also has fast performance and does not cause any lagging issues with working, loading and creating sets. It is Arnold and Xgen grooming built in which allows animators to render images and create intuitive brush strokes to make natural looking hair and fur.
- NewTek LightWave 3D – Lightwave is one of the leading 3D software used by animators. It helps users to model, animate and render images to provide realistic outcomes. It has various rendering engines and shader effects, production tools, motion systems, tone mapping, environment lighting, scene editor, and an improved SSS feature among others.
- Maxon Cinema 4D Prime – The Macon Cinema 4D prime offers animator’s various functionality in one location. It offers enhanced modelling, material and rendering tools. It also offers a easy to use workflow or user interface. It provides enhanced motion graphics and animations that allow users to create beautiful real-life images.
- SideFx Software Houdini Core – SideFx Software offers features such as procedural modellingwhich allows users to create models for cityscapes and buildings. It allows direct modelling that allows users to create good surface topology for use in Film, TV, Games and VR, and can be used interactively in the viewport using a wide variety of polygon, NURBS and Subdivision Surface modeling tools. It also offers a range of lighting and development tools.
- ESRI ArcGIS Pro – ESRI AcrGis Pro is a 2D and 3D mapping software.It offers data visualization, advanced analysis and authoritative data maintenance in both 2D and 3D. It helps users transform data into map. It uses 2D and 3D imaging to highlight trends and patterns. It also integrates data from multiple sources for usage across various platforms.
- Corel MotionStudio 3D – Corel MotionStudio is an easy to use tool that allows users to add title to videos and edit the same. It has high speed 3D graphics and a powerful particle effect. Corel MotionStudio provides beautiful 3D outlooks.
- Nvidia Corporation Iray – Nvidia is one of the most popular gaming developers in the market. Nvidia Iray is a rendering tool that provides realistic imagery for interactive and batch rendering workflows. Leveraging AI denoising and other tools Iray delivers superior visuals quickly especially when paired with the newest NVIDIA RTX™-based hardware.
- Trimble SketchUp – Trimble SketchUp provides users with an user friendly interface that allows them to visualize their drawing as 3D models. It provides various extensions that can be used. Models can be created in 3D and shared with everyone in 2D to make communication easier.
- Autodessys – Autodessey provides a number of tools for designing. Form.Z is a tool that allows users to create 3D design application that offer a variety of modeling personalities and tools with an easy to use interface. It is based on advanced 3D solid and surface modeling methods that maintain accurate representations as users progress from design to visualization, layout, animation and fabrication.
- 3DCoat – 3D Coat is a 3D modelling texture software. 3DCoat is the one application that has all the tools users need to transform 3D idea from a block of digital clay all the way to a production ready, fully textured organic or hard surface model.
Industry Uses for 3D Animation Software
Media and Movies – 3D Animation is used in media and movie to develop real life and more exciting entertainment options for the views. 3D movies are now becoming popular. 3D animations are also used to provide video on educational topics to make it more interesting and easier to understand for users.
Games – Games is the most popular industry that uses 3D animation software. All games used 3D modelling and 3D rendering to be developed to provide the user with a real-life experience.
Construction and Architecture – 3D Animation is used in construction and architecture to build real life models for sales and representation purposes. It is also used to develop building plans and check for feasibility and pitfalls before actual work is started as the industry is a high investment industry.
Healthcare and Life Sciences – 3D Animation is used to healthcare and life sciences to diagnose illness better and to explain to common man issues and problems. It is also used for training and learning purposes.