An integrated workplace management system (IWMS) offers a single source of truth and helps real estate and amenities management authorities to respond rapidly to change, make calculated space and occupancy choices, and care for their tenants. Integrated Workplace Management Systems facilitate and simplify the management of real estate possessions. They syndicate workplace planning, maintenance planning, and sustainability management over a single platform. IWMS are also used for capital project management and costing linked to real estate properties. The software helps reduce the risks linked to transformation and growth by consolidating data and delivering ‘what-if’ analyses.
The choice to deploy an integrated workplace management system is a significant step that comes with numerous transformative advantages for the business. However, IWMS implementation cannot be taken lightly, as this process will require users to invest time and capital. It is, therefore, important that the users know what to anticipate and that they have been directed well in selecting the best IWMS for their business.
There are three different types of best IWMS software that can be chosen from: On-premise IWMS, Hosted IWMS, and SaaS IWMS.
On-premise IWMS solutions use traditional methods for implementing various kinds of enterprise software. In this type of IWMS, once the user buys the software and license from the software provider, the solution is set up on the company’s internal server. Afterwards, the user’s team is accountable for managing and sustaining the IWMS in-house.
- Buyers of the software have total control over the system and can control the data, availability, and security as per their own convenience.
- For businesses operating in a location with inadequate or poor internet connectivity, operations will not be disturbed as in-house IWMS allows the on-site staff to keep consistently working via the company intranet.
- On-site IWMS is an expensive choice as the buyers would probably need to invest in substantial hardware advancements at the beginning and pay for upgrades at regular intervals.
- This kind of setup requires a dedicated in-house IT team.
- It can be inept and problematic for the staff working off-site to access the database.
- The company that purchases the software is accountable for all the regular data backups and also for preserving the integrity of the database.
Hosted IWMS solutions offer increased flexibility as compared to on-premise IWMS solutions. With the purchase of a hosted IWMS solution, users actually buy and own the solution completely. Post the purchase, the solution is set up at a data center on the buyer’s behalf. Thereafter, the acquirer manages and maintains the software internally.
- The buyer company possesses the license forever.
- Though the buyer manages the software, a reliable IWMS solution provider generally provides all the support that is needed during implementation as well as later.
- The buyer will have fewer issues with security and hosting equipment, as this is typically under the purview of the hosting center.
- The buyer can decide to have a much smaller internal IT team.
- The preliminary costs can be very high.
- Upgrading to the latest versions will usually invite extra fees.
SaaS IWMS, also called web-based IWMS, is the most modern iteration of facility management solutions. The SaaS model of delivering solutions continues to see increasing acceptance in every industry. SaaS-based IWMS software provide users with the most flexibility among all three types of IWMS solutions. This solution works on the basis of a subscription to a vendor-hosted software.
- The initial costs of implementing SaaS-based IWMS are much lower since it works as a pay-as-you-go solution.
- The service provider is normally responsible for maintaining the software remotely.
- Deployment is accelerated, and buyers just need to schedule a demo and subscribe online and can then start using the IWMS solution within a short span of time.
- This type of setup requires negligible infrastructure and technical know-how.
- It is flexible, secure, and mobile. Buyers can add new users, get instant access to upgrades, and connect with their team from remote locations.
- All the data is routinely stored and backed up in a safe cloud server.
- Flawless internet connectivity is a must for uninterrupted data access.