Virtual classroom solutions provide users with a digital replica of a conventional classroom, which enables instructors to conduct lectures, presentations, and seminars over the Internet without geographical restrictions. A virtual classroom enables educators to teach virtually by using internet-enabled devices. These instructors can teach students located anywhere in the world. Brainstorming, ideation, and discussions can take place in real-time. Pre and post-session exams can be conducted with ease. Virtual classroom solutions can be delivered through desktop, laptop, and smartphone.
Advantages of Virtual Classrooms
Virtual classroom lectures enable two-way communication and allow the instructor to share information through an interactive whiteboard, multimedia documents, videos, and other instructional tools with participants. Virtual classrooms offer real-time communication between several participants, including students, faculty, and other stakeholders. With these solutions, users from different locations can hold virtual discussions, distance training sessions, team collaboration conferences, large audience events, lectures, and presentations.
Virtual classrooms connect people over the internet, saving time and money. With virtual classrooms, users neither need to travel nor confine themselves within the boundaries of a classroom. Virtual classrooms allow for quick and convenient dispersal of knowledge at a truly competitive cost. Virtual classroom solutions are useful for educational institutions, as well as for corporate houses to train their employees. Virtual classrooms enable users to reach out to their target audience groups, even in remote areas. It lowers participation costs and makes quality education available to a much broader section of the population.
An online classroom can be used to train employees, vendors, partners, and customers face-to-face in real-time and can also be integrated with company websites, CMS, ERP, or LMS. Even if a person misses a training session, he or she can access the e-learning material and view a recording of the session from his or her smartphone, tablet, or laptop.
Below are a few reasons why educational institutions and corporations should consider the adoption of virtual classroom solutions.
- File transfer is easy, especially when it is necessary to send files of various types—photos, audio & video files, documents, etc.
- Virtual classroom solutions enable the integration of multiple devices for Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) users. Audience members can join sessions from multiple devices, including PCs and smartphones.
- Easy to collect participants’ responses and produce instant reports to evaluate performance. This creates better interactions between instructor and audience.
- Audio and video streaming files are protected by secure encryption techniques and cannot be copied without permission.
- Participants can stream content such as videos, whiteboards, and annotations.
- The system is highly scalable, and upgrades are available in an easy and transparent way.
An online classroom offers more flexibility than a traditional classroom. Here, both the instructor and the learner have a rich and collaborative experience. Attendance is automatically tracked. An online classroom typically involves communication tools such as chat, open discussion boards, polls, multimedia content, and social media.